your slow hung-over... in a night out in the neighborhood.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

The summer solstice



In my childhood, I believed and was amazed by heavenly bodies. I even wondered if there are other Earths out there. I memorized and put to heart the nine planets that then revolves around the sun. I even singled out my older cousins on facts about the planets: its rotation, revolution, weight, distance from the sun, etc. I was so amazed that everything I knew from the books I read cover to cover has become stagnant in years. There weren't new facts anymore aside from the constant launching of space rockets. People were more interested in nuclear weapons or UFOs.

Until a few months ago, I found out the new eleven planets: It really stunned me for a couple of minutes.

I think it's time for a new enlightenment. The summer solstice is here.

No comments:

this is yo[u]

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons and Deals

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons and Deals